A little wine, a hearty salad, and a fantastic cake and you have all the ingredients for a great mother’s day lunch. A delicious and unexpected addition
is to add popovers with strawberry butter instead of bread. Absolutely no one can resist them, especially right out of the oven.
Some of the best popovers I’ve had are at Neiman Marcus cafes where they serve them while you are waiting for your lunch.
Here is the amazing Neiman Marcus popover recipe for you try at home:
Neiman Marcus Popover Recipe
3 1/2 cups milk
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
6 large eggs, at room temperature
Preheat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit
- Place milk in bowl and microwave on high for two minutes, or warm to touch.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Crack eggs in another large bowl with an electric mixer and whisk for on medium for about
3 minutes, until foamy. Turn down mixer speed to low and add warm milk.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat for about 2 minutes. Let batter rest at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spray popover pan generously with nonstick spray. Fill popover cups almost to the top
with batter and place popover pan on cookie sheet. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Turn oven down to 375 and bake for 30 to 35 minutes longer, until popovers are deep golden brown.
- Remove from oven and pop out popovers on a cool rack.
- Serve hot with the Strawberry Butter.
- To make butter, place in bowl and beat until smooth, add preserves and beat until fluffy.